Friday, March 11, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

This has been a blog I have been  anxiously/nervously/eagerly/regretfully/sadly/enthusiastically/amazingly/andeveryotheremotionyoucanpossiblyimagine
waiting to write.

After a lot of thought (and tears) I have made the decision to move on to a different organization and leave my current job.

I am still in shock when I write that or tell people.

My job has been such a big part of my life for the past two and half years. I can easily say that without my job there is no way I would have survived the transition to the East Coast. Through it I have met some wonderful friends that I know will extend into my life far past this short time that I worked with them. I feel that I invested a lot in the position- received my first promotion and also learned the ropes of a "real job".
But change is inevitable and it was time to make a change that was best for me. I had someone describe that my grief and sadness with leaving my job is much like breaking up with your first love. You know deep down it probably isn't going to work out. But first love is blind and innocent, and you almost think it can do no wrong. So there has been some realities, and with finding a job that I think I can grow in and learn a lot from- I knew it was finally time to say goodbye to my first work-love.

I am still working in a somewhat HR related role- but focusing on some different areas and getting rid of some of the aspects I did not enjoy previously. I pray it will be a good fit. I start Monday and I am nervous like a little kid on the first day of school. It is strange to know you will have to re-learn and re-train on so much. And I sit and think "I hope they like me"- just like when I was 12 years old. Some emotions and fears just never change.

I will leave it at that. I am scared/excited/nervous/anxious and just clinging to the truth that I nothing in my life has led me anywhere that has turned out horribly. Granted I have had my fair share of 'backpeddling' moments, but overall I have been provided for and very blessed, and I am sure this change and decision will fall into that category as well.

Thank you to everyone who helped me through the decision, the process and the emotions. I owe you all for your constant support and patience with my indecisive nature. You are all the best people I could ever ask for in my life.

1 comment: